Swimming is generally better for the body than ground exercises, since natural buoyancy in the water helps prevent the inevitable bumps that may cause injury.
In water, the weight of a person is about 10% of normal weight, and range of motion is much higher, especially for people who need to get fit and have limited mobility because the water supports weight of members.
Therefore, it is a good choice for those who want to exercise, and may have problems with the practice of exercises on land. For example, swimming can be ideal for pregnant women, for those with arthritis, or for those with back problems and weight.
On the other hand, people with lung conditions such as asthma, as the atmosphere of a typically wet pool, breathe more easily.
We must add to this, the mental health benefits it produces. Nadar relax from daily stress, decreases increased muscle tone caused by stress, generates positive mood and helps to temporarily leave “blank” mind and asilarnos problems.
Other benefits of swimming
- Swimming is one of the few physical exercises that benefit the body overall and that enhances strength, endurance and flexibility at the same time.
- It has all the cardiovascular benefits of running, while some of the benefits of exercise muscle weight and other enhancing effects of physical endurance related to dance or aerobic classes.
- Swimming uses the most muscle groups and is a demanding exercise that helps keep the heart and lungs healthy.
- Swimming also helps keep joints flexible, especially the neck, shoulders, and pelvis.The muscle groups that are used particularly when swimming motion vary chosen.
- Practicing varieties wave back and breaststroke crowl involve a larger number of muscles: abdominals, biceps and triceps, glutes, popliteal, and quadriceps.
- When swimming you increase the level of physical activity and thus you increase the amount of energy you burn, making this an ideal sport for any weight management program component.
- With regard to older people, besides maintaining physical strength, swimming has the benefits improved motor coordination and reducing the risk of falls and hip fractures.
Enhance the benefits of swimming
But those who wish to maximize the health benefits of the pool should choose a more energetic exercise program.
If you’re starting a swimming program because they’re not very fit, begins to swim a certain length and then taking you a break of between 30 and 60 seconds long. Do not be weary trying to beat speed records or resistance only get a foot in the water.Take it slow.
After a few weeks you can increase the time you spend swimming. When you have developed a certain level of fitness, you can adopt a program of heating 5-10 minutes, followed by 20 to 40 minutes of swimming with different styles, and end with a five-minute cool down with a closely slow and relaxed.
He swim 3 to 5 times a week will give you a great aerobic capacity will strengthen the health of your heart and lungs. However, this exercise has no effect on the strength of your bones. Therefore, it is a good idea to walk, run or do some other exercise on land because of the pressure they have to bear bones, helping them to maintain or increase bone mass.